In the mountains, when we ascend for several hours, quickly climb walls or walk along its paths long, originates the same effect on our body, sweating. Any physical activity you do in the mountains, our internal temperature increases, so that our bodies wisely through sweat get perfect cooling. But this does not end here, because by continuing to climb, the sweat running or climbing continues to occur, a feature which makes our blood in a more viscous liquid, undermining their ability to reach optimal conditions the muscles of any part of our body. This situation can lead to disastrous consequences (decreased muscle performance, heat stroke, risk of frostbite, kidney malfunction, etc.). With what this entails if we get it in the mountains.
Your body is two thirds water, besides the bodies comprising the highest percentage of water, about 75%, are the brain and muscles, hence the vital importance of proper hydration to get into the mountains. To solve these problems, we have to re hydrate constantly while we operate at a rate of 250 ml. every 30 minutes, from the very beginning of it. It is essential to drink fluids before our body has the sensation of thirst, for when that time comes it is because we are already dehydrated.
We have to think also that our body, the sweat, removes mineral salts (sodium, chloride and potassium), so it is very important to recover these salts during the hydration period.
Perhaps an easy way to learn about our state of hydration is to control the color of our urine, white to light yellow, fine. From dark yellow to brown, badly.
We can hydrate, both with existing sports drinks on the market, as with home-made using traditional methods.
- Homemade formula: 1 liter of water plus 10 grams of salt and half a lemon squeezed with 60 grams of sugar.
Well you know, the next trip you make in the mountains, Hydrate, and attain contribute to the body, water, minerals and energy necessary to extend your business in a more healthy and safe.
Code of ethics of the mountaineer:
The conservation of nature requires a degree of personal commitment to it.
We must realize that our presence on the mountain may involve an alteration in the biological processes that usually develop it and any activities that we have to be respectful of the environment.
The old slogan “Let him better than you found it” is and will live forever.
- Do not approach or molest in any way to wildlife.
- Do not pull up plants, flowers or mushrooms.
- Do not leave the roads and trails during the conduct of any route.
- Do not lift rocks unnecessary, as of them is hidden under a lot of life.
- Do not wear loose dogs.
- Do not pollute the courses of streams and rivers.
- Do not release domestic animals.
- Do not scream or carry music devices at full volume.
- Do not throw food scraps, and if we can pick up the pieces that we find garbage and cigarette butts for later deposited in a container.
- Do not light a fire under any circumstances.
- No litter or paint the walls of the shelters is not saved, and that our passage through them and most go unnoticed means any improvement to it (picking up trash, fix a window, etc.)..
If all fulfill these minimal advice, somehow be grateful to the mountains the reception we have received over the years.