For various reasons, not all who are on a trip to the U.S. west coast have the opportunity to visit San Francisco, but if your stay is short, at least you can plan your trip more than a day in the city. While a visit to San Francisco is well worth a minimum of three days, perhaps we can only devote a day or a day and a half to visit is so incredibly attractive city, which is why we need to know what points will visit major attractions.
In order to help plan a short visit to San Francisco, then I will recommend a travel plan that includes essential visits, for which having a car:
1. The first and recommended it to climb the hill to Twin Peaks, where we see the best views of the city and the bay, which also allow us to position ourselves ahead to visit other places later.
2. Then we will go directly to the Golden Gate, the famous suspension bridge that connects San Francisco peninsula to the north and becomes a beautiful gateway to the San Francisco Bay. It is best to go to the mirador (view point) on the northern shore, which lies just across the bridge, and from where we have the best panoramic views of the bridge and the city of San Francisco. We will have the opportunity also to take a short walk across the bridge.
3. Another essential visit are the famous hills of San Francisco. To do this, we must turn to the Nob Hill district, north of the city, where we find beautiful views of the impressive steep streets. And the most famous, whose visit is required, is Lombard Street, with the famous super-steep curves we’ve seen in many movies.
4. In this zone, we can see and assembled in the famous cable cars cable. The historic streetcars are now a tourist attraction, and the lines remain connecting the center of the city with the coastal La Marina.
5. To enjoy the great charm of the streets with European ambience that San Francisco, the best is to head to Alamo Park, Haigh Ashbury district, where we enjoy the beauty of Victorian houses known as the Painted Ladies.
6. Perhaps one of the best examples we can find is Chinatown, which is the Chinatown of San Francisco (no comparison for its great appeal to New York).
7. And next to Chinatown, we also take a stroll through the district of North Beach, also known as Little Italy, with a great atmosphere.
8. And to complete the day’s last visit in San Francisco is essential to go to Fisherman’s Wharf, the old fishing port that has become a major leisure and entertainment area of the city, with restaurants and bars always crowded with tourists.
Obviously, we would see many attractions in San Francisco, pending a new journey, but the visitors claim to have seen raised us the essentials of this beautiful city.
Let us know your experience if you have had occasion to visit San Francisco, tell us what must visit “for you, then these tips may be useful for future travelers who are planning a trip to San Francisco.