Former capital of the Russian Empire, and second largest city of Russia. It has 4,577,751 inhabitants and its center is considered by UNESCO World Heritage Site. It was founded in 1703 by Tsar Peter the Great.
The easiest way of moving into the Russian city is by plane. The city has two airports: Pulkovo 1 (which is mostly domestic and short-haul international) and Pulkovo 2 (which handles international flights). They are at 20 and 18 miles south of the city, respectively.
How do I move?
The easiest way is by Metro. It has 58 stations spread over 4 lines. In addition, many stations are decorated with marble or historical reasons the country.
Another common way of getting around there is through commuter trains, as they have numerous stations throughout the city, especially downtown.
Other options are the buses (although slow transport vehicles are often old) and taxis, in which the price may be paid by check the meter or agree on a reasonable price with the driver.
What to see?
• Hermitage Museum: One of the most important museums of the city and its visitors can see Roman and Greek antiquities, among many other things. It is situated on the River Neva.
• Russian Museum: is devoted entirely to the Russian world.
• Cathedral of St. Peter and St. Paul is located inside the fort that bears the same name. In it are buried many of the former Tsarist Russian Empire.
• St. Isaac’s Cathedral: one of the most magnificent churches in the city. It is also of great interest since its construction was used for about 43 minerals.
• Winter Palace: Situated on the banks of the Neva River and was built by Catherine the Great. It has a baroque style and doors and 1945 windows 1786. In addition, about the column he is Alexander.
• The square of the Senate, also located along this river that crosses the city, she can see the rider who represents Peter the Great.
• Petergoff: or also called “Russian Versailles”, is a large complex of palaces of tsars, parks, fountains, golden …
• Yusupov Palace, a palace built in the eighteenth century and belonging to one of the richest families in Russian history. Additionally, this place was assassinated Rasputin.