Comes the snow and ski season. Many wait all year to have in place the tracks in recent months and enjoy a fun outdoor sport. Is the opportunity to enjoy the mountains, the wide open spaces where we can recover the proper color from a trip to the high peaks.
Photography by Guillaume Cattiaux
We talked about the seasons of Alpe d’Huez and Val Thorens in the Alps, but the choice is much wider in the great European mountain range. Here are some interesting facts and tips that you plan your ski vacation.
Les 2 Alpes:
It’s another station with glacier in the Alps and has a comprehensive offering that makes it a favorite for young people. The atmosphere both on the track and in the leisure, shopping and restaurants of the resort is very lively and invited to make the most of your stay.
The slope of Les 2 Alpes is a single mountain range, but offer slopes for all the difficulties, with miles and miles of trails to enjoy long descents.
Photography by kasperbs
In this time and the first snow, there are about 30 centimeters deep snow waiting for the intrepid skier. One of its advantages, especially for athletes with the best level is the connection between Les 2 Alpes and the resort of La Grave, which allows off-piste terrain and really nice but only suitable for experts.
You could say it is the queen of the seasons. Its eternal snow on the glacier can ski for more months than in the other. This year, the tracks are now open from 30 September.
It is also a very convenient station for families or started in the sport of skiing. It has 300 kilometers of tracks which combine all levels and other sports as helisky, paragliding, skiing and scuba diving under the ice of the lake of Tignes.
Photography by plusgood
- A must be done with a map of the station at the information desk. No joke, there are some stations so great that if we start to get into the lifts without a map, we can lose in the worst case, if a blizzard catches us and begin to close tracks, the situation will be much more worrisome.
- If traveling by car, it is advisable to check the status of roads in the web of highways in France and along the way, take the phone number information from France, for possible contingencies.
- The roads are frozen in the evening or we can surprise a snowfall, so we must be equipped with chains, antifreeze and telephone.
- By train, we can book, and check the routes and times SNCF.
- The buses to the ski resorts are available and book in Altibus.
- If you are not staying in the same resort, keep in mind that it is cheaper to rent equipment in the towns as Grenoble,
Return …. Infinite slopes for skiing in the Alps