What can be done in the old city without entering into extra fees? On his trip to Rome, you can take advantage and save money on their journeys. You then have several options for tourism in the Italian capital at no cost, which present the following:
Photografía por ZeroOne
1) The Roman Forum: This was the main market and business center in ancient times, which is toward banking, commerce, and shopping. Enter forum is free, but admission to the Colosseum and the Palatine have a cost.
2) Via Appia Antica: A tour of the ancient road from Rome. There are many antiques to see in this peaceful walk, and there are even guided tours, including the output of the Via Appia Park and go to Park Parco dell’Appia.
3) La Bocca della Verita: It’s an old marble mask (pavonazzetto) located in the wall of the portico of the church of Santa Maria de Cosmedin in Rome. The sculpture, dating from around the first century, has a diameter of 1.75 meters and represents a bearded male face in which the eyes, nose and mouth are perforated and are hollow. There is also no certainty about their old utility, if it was a source or a sink (hypothesis arises from its proximity to the Cloaca Maxima).
Fotografía por spbutterworth
4) The Trevi Fountain: It is the largest (with 25.9 m high and 19.8 meters) and most ambitious of the Baroque fountains of Rome. Under the current administrative division of the center of Rome, is situated on the River Fountain.
5) di Spagna Steps: Located in the most famous square in Rome and she is the Spanish Embassy to the Holy See, which gives its name to the square. The famous staircase leads up to the Trinità dei Monti church and the Baroque Fontana della Barcaccia.
Fotografía por HarshLight
6) Vatican Museum: Vatican Museums usually charge an entrance fee, you can take advantage and visit for free the last Sunday of the month.
7) The Pantheon: Originally a pagan temple converted into a church in 608 AD. It is the best preserved monument of imperial Rome, completely rebuilt by Emperor Hadrian around AD 120 in the site of an ancient tomb built in 27 BC by Agrippa Vipsanio.
8). Piazza Navona and Piazza Campo dei Fiori: These are the two most famous of Rome. The Piazza Navona, is the drawing of a circus old and contains two fountains of Bernini, comes alive at night for its spectacular night views, while the Campo dei Fiori (field of flowers) is the best experience during the hours the day. Besides being a place to go eat a lot cheaper, home takeout stands and where the food shops around the world.
Fotografía por xiquinhosilva
9) Walking Trestevere districts: These districts in the historic center, containing narrow, winding streets, which eventually lead to the Plaza de Santa Maria, home to one of the oldest churches in Rome. This square is the undisputed center of Trastevere.
10) Walking in the districts of Testaccio: This is an old neighborhood built around a hill to the Roman merchants, who came close to an ancient port. Testaccio, is quickly becoming popular among young people.
Enjoy your trip to Rome!